At Rehability, we consider your safety our highest priority. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to assure our patients that we are taking every precaution necessary and following appropriate advice from authorities. We are monitoring the coronavirus situation and following updates closely.
Our main priority is our guests and employees. We are still treating our normal clinical hours and we are paying particular attention to details to minimize any potential threat. Given one of our core values is communication, we feel it is important that we give you as much information as possible about the procedures we adhere to in order to maintain a hygienic environment, but more importantly ensure the safety of all guests and staff.
Here at Rehability, we are taking additional precautionary measures to minimize risk of the coronavirus. These include:
– Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of work, reception areas , door handles, and equipment.
– Providing additional hand sanitizer. We ask that all patients wash their hands or sanitize prior to and after their treatment session.
- Increased seat distancing in waiting room areas. We are also asking patients to call the office once they arrive to the parking lot. When your therapist is ready to see you, we will call you to enter the clinic to begin your session. Orthotic or prosthetic patients will be placed immediately into a room to be seen by their practitioner.
– All staff are required to declare their health and travel status – we ask that patients extend the same courtesy prior to appointment.
- We have decided to suspend our cancellation policy indefinitely in order to allow more flexibility when deciding when and if you should attend your appointment. Please do not hesitate to cancel if you or a loved one are showing symptoms, especially a fever.
- We ask that caregivers please wait in their vehicle instead of inside our waiting area. Only patients will be allowed inside the clinic.
- If you have a medical history (ie: Immune compromised, respiratory disease, etc) that puts you at increased risk for significant complications from contraction of COVID-19 virus, please call and reschedule to a later date. We will be here for you but your safety is our top priority.
We will be verbally screening all patients on the telephone prior to appointments.
IF YOU ANSWER "YES" TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO OUR CLINIC BUT RATHER CALL US TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT. THANK YOU FOR BEING RESPONSIBLE!
1. Have you had a cough, a fever greater than 100*F, or shortness of breath in the past 14 days?
2. Do you live with someone or have you been in close contact with someone that has had a cough, a fever greater than 100*F, or shortness of breath in the past 14 days?
3. Have you travelled domestically or internationally in the past 2 weeks?
4. Do you live with someone or have you been in close contact with someone that has travelled domestically or internationally in the past 2 weeks?
5. Have you been exposed to anyone with a confirmed positive COVID 19 test result?
6. Do you live with someone or have you been in close contact with someone that has been exposed to anyone with a confirmed positive COVID 19 test result?
- WE ALSO HAVE THE OPTION FOR VIDEO OR PHONE VISITS. WONDERING WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU? GIVE US A CALL AND LET US HELP YOU CHOOSE WHICH OPTION WOULD BE BEST!
Please call us at 352-701-0494 if you have anymore questions. Also, continue to check our website and social media sites for updates.
Thanks, and stay safe!